#WATERISLIFE It connects us. Join us August 4 as we celebrate our community and the liquid lifeline that flows through our cities. Paddlers and floaters will take to the river at two locations, ending at Paces Mill for the free, family-friendly festival. See you on the river, as we bring it BACK TO THE CHATT!
New course for our racers, paddlers and floaters, and a new location for the festival!
NEW COURSE to RACE, PADDLE or FLOAT! – We are excited to share new options to participate.
- Johnson Ferry North to Paces Mill – 6.5 Miles –
For Kayaks, Canoes and SUP’s. Launch time between 10:00am and 12:00am
- Johnson Ferry North to Powers Island – 3.5 MILE SPRINT RACE!
- Paddlers wanting to compete for a time (and bragging rights), the 3.5-mile sprint race will start at Johnson Ferry and end at Powers Island. Then you are welcome to leisurely paddle down to the Festival at Paces Mill. Launch starting at 9:00am
- Powers Island to Paces Mill – 3 Miles – For inflatable boats only to leisurely float this fun section. Launch time between 10:00am and 12:00am
Awards will be presented in all race categories and special recognition in all other categories for Best Costume, Best Boat Decoration andTeam Challenge (get a paddle team together!) All paddling participants will be greeted at the end of the course by the SweetWater Beer Barge (for patrons 21 and over), where you can also enjoy sodas and water before going ashore.
Early Bird Registration – the entire month of June – $10 Discount
- Floaters (inflatables) – Powers Island to Paces Mill only – $25
- Paddlers (all courses) $40 Solo Boats / $80 for tandem boats ($40 per person)
July 1 through August 1* (*registration closes)
- Floaters (inflatables) – Powers Island to Paces Mill only – $35
- Paddlers (all courses) $50 Solo Boats / $90 for tandem boats ($45 per person)
All registered paddling participants will receive two tasty beverages from SweetWater Brewing Company (for patrons 21 and over), gift bag, Organic/Fair Trade T-shirt, boxed lunch, shuttle service and a one-year membership to CRK. Onsite registration will only be available if we do not reach capacity prior to the event.
The FESTIVAL at Paces Mill is FREE and family-friendly. Participants will enjoy LIVE MUSIC by DangerMuffin and Fireside Collective, PLUS an array of exhibits that include river partners, artisans and children’s activities. 12:00pm to 4:20pm.
$30 Festival Special – Register in advance to attend the festival and receive two SweetWater beers, Organic/Fair Trade T-shirt and a one-year membership to CRK. Beer can only be provided with this advance registration to our 21 and older participants. ID required.
Organized and presented by Chattahoochee Riverkeeper (CRK) in partnership with the Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area, SweetWater Brewing Company and Nantahala Outdoor Center, this annual event is organized to celebrate the Chattahoochee River and foster a sense of community around the river that serves nearly 4 million Georgians and 70% of metro Atlantans.
Become a Sponsor! With the continued threats our river faces, CRK needs your support more than ever. Click here for more information on sponsoring.
- Sponsor deadline to appear on invitation postcard is June 1, 2018.
- Sponsor deadline to appear on t-shirt is July 20, 2018.
Proceeds go to support CRK’s mission to protect and preserve the Chattahoochee River system for the people and wildlife that depend upon it.
Interested in exhibiting at the festival? Email [email protected] for all inquiries and information.
This event runs on VOLUNTEER POWER! Click here if you’d like to volunteer!