Join us as we celebrate our community and the liquid lifeline that flows through our cities. Paddlers and floaters will take to the river at two locations, ending at Paces Mill for the free, family-friendly festival. See you on the river, as we bring it BACK TO THE CHATT!
This annual event is organized and presented by Chattahoochee Riverkeeper (CRK) in partnership with the Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area, SweetWater Brewing Company and Nantahala Outdoor Center.
NEW COURSE to RACE, PADDLE or FLOAT! We are excited to share new options to participate.
- Johnson Ferry North to Paces Mill – 6.5 Miles – For Kayaks, Canoes and SUP’s. Launch time between 10:00am and 12:00pm
- Johnson Ferry North to Powers Island – 3.5 MILE SPRINT RACE! Paddlers wanting to compete for a time (and bragging rights), the 3.5-mile sprint race will start at Johnson Ferry and end at Powers Island. Then you are welcome to leisurely paddle down to the Festival at Paces Mill. Launch starting at 9:00am
- Powers Island to Paces Mill – 3 Miles – For inflatable boats only to leisurely float this fun section. Launch time between 10:00am and 12:00am
Awards will be presented in all race categories and special recognition in all other categories for Best Costume, Best Boat Decoration and Team Challenge (get a paddle team together!) All paddling participants will be greeted at the end of the course by the SweetWater Beer Barge (for patrons 21 and over), where you can also enjoy sodas and water before going ashore.
Early Bird Registration – the entire month of June – $10 Discount
- Floaters (inflatables) – Powers Island to Paces Mill only – $25
- Paddlers (all courses) $40 Solo Boats / $80 for tandem boats ($40 per person)
July 1 through August 1*
- Floaters (inflatables) – Powers Island to Paces Mill only – $35
- Paddlers (all courses) $50 Solo Boats / $90 for tandem boats ($45 per person)
*Registration closes August 1
All registered paddling participants will receive two tasty beverages from SweetWater Brewing Company (for patrons 21 and over), gift bag, Organic/Fair Trade T-shirt, boxed lunch, shuttle service and a one-year membership to CRK. Onsite registration will only be available if we do not reach capacity prior to the event.
The Festival at Paces Mill is FREE and family-friendly. Participants will enjoy LIVE MUSIC by DangerMuffin and Fireside Collective, PLUS an array of exhibits that include river partners, artisans and children’s activities. 12:00pm to 4:20pm.
$30 Festival Special – Register in advance to attend the festival and receive two SweetWater beers, Organic/Fair Trade T-shirt and a one-year membership to CRK. Beer can only be provided with this advance registration to our 21 and older participants. ID required.
Ways to Help
With the continued threats our river faces, CRK needs your support more than ever. Click here for more information on sponsoring.
- Sponsor deadline to appear on invitation postcard is June 1, 2018.
- Sponsor deadline to appear on t-shirt is July 20, 2018.
Proceeds go to support CRK’s mission to protect and preserve the Chattahoochee River system for the people and wildlife that depend upon it.
Interested in exhibiting at the festival? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for all inquiries and information.
This event runs on VOLUNTEER POWER! Click here if you’d like to volunteer!
Atlanta Department of Watershed Management
David B. Chester
High Country Outfitters
Rain Barrel Company
Shane’s Rib Shack
Batdorf & Bronson Coffee Roasters
Georgia Nature Photographers Association
- A Haute Cookie (dessert truck)
- AAA South
- All Phase Home Services
- Another Broken Egg Café
- Atlanta – Fulton Public Library
- Batdorf & Bronson Coffee Roasters
- Big Burgers and Wings (food truck)
- Captain Planet FoundationCentennial Sierra Club Group
- Chattahoochee Nature Center
- Chattahoochee Parks Conservancy
- Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area
- Chattahoochee Riverkeeper
- City of Atlanta – Department of Watershed Management
- Cobb County Water System
- Delvecchio Nursery
- Foresters Financial
- Fulton County Public Works
- Fun Z Bowz
- Georgia Aquarium
- Hardy’s Bakery
- Hibachi World Food Truck (food truck)
- Hole in the Wall (food truck)
- Horizons LTD
- Juice Plus/Tower Garden
- King of Pops
- Lone Wolf’s Den Farms
- Metropolitan North Georgia Water Planning District
- Namaste Food Truck
- Nantahala Outdoor Center
- New Sole Running
- NG Turf
- One More Generation
- Planet Smoothie (truck)
- Ross Davies
- Shane’s Rib Shack
- Sheree’s Favorite Things
- Shoot the Hooch
- Silvers – Elbert Nursery
- Southern Bear Outdoor Co.
- St. Andrew Rowing Club
- Susie Sparkles
- SweetWater Brewing Company
- The Orvis Company, Inc.
- Tree Sound Studios
- US Coast Guard Auxiliary
- Weed Man Lawn Care
- Westbrook Supply Co.
Race officials are volunteers who record times manually, and occasionally errors are made in reading/writing the boat numbers, especially if race numbers are not visibly displayed.
Thank you for joining the race.
2014 Results by Category
(* Due to a stopwatch malfunction, please deduct 30 minutes from your time We apologize for the error.)