CRK’s camp and paddle trips have become a favorite to our paddling community. Be sure to mark your calendars and enjoy two nights of camping and two days of paddling in some of the most gorgeous sections of the Chattahoochee.
March 11-12 –Buzzard Roost Paddle Cleanup and Camp
Back for the 5th year, this 13-mile paddle cleanup is an incredible journey in a part of the river not accessible to most. This stretch of river is suitable for all skill levels with primitive camping Saturday night. From Georgia Power’s Plant McDonough to the Highway 166 Bridge off Fulton Industrial. Paddlers are responsible for paddling their own camping gear.
Registration is now closed.
March 25 – Chattahoochee Bend Paddle Trip
Join us for a guided paddle trip on the middle section of the Chattahoochee River as it flows from Whitesburg to one of Georgia’s newest parks—Chattahoochee Bend State Park. This outing will cover approximately ten river miles and is open to paddlers of all skill levels.
Registration is now closed.
May 6-7 –Headwaters Paddle/Camp – Sautee Creek to Mossy Creek (21 Miles)
Registration is now closed.
The Chattahoochee River Blue Trail is a pristine section of waterway in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. We’re pleased to offer this trip for all to enjoy Sections 1 thru 4 – with camping at Buck Shoals State Park. The fee is $110 per person and includes experienced guides, shuttle, dinner Fri/Sat, and breakfast Sat/Sun. This trip is considered class I-II+ based on water levels, therefore all participants must have basic paddling experience and bracing skills and be capable of self-rescue in moving water. Boats, paddle equipment and camping gear is not included in the fee. Helmets required, spray skirt highly recommended.
- New to whitewater? For our experienced beginners (who know basic paddling strokes and bracing skills) we are offering a half-day whitewater 101 on MAY 5 for those who want to take it a step further. We will cover wet exits, boat control in current, river reading, eddy turns, peel outs and ferries. Everything you need to truly enjoy paddling a river with mild rapids. This is the perfect section to learn on! This is an phenomenal opportunity to not only have an instructional class, but be surrounded by paddle enthusiasts who can help you take your skills to a level where you are confident and comfortable in moving water. The fee is $50 per person, limited to 6 participants.
June 3 –Chestatee River Paddle, Day Trip
Come paddle the Chestatee River and the former home of the Cherokee! Float the most popular stretch of the Chestatee River for first-time paddlers and kayakers, families and large groups. There are several exciting, yet gentle rapids and great scenery. We will paddle 6 miles from Appalachian Outfittersdown to the Chestatee Public Access take out on Hwy 60 near Hwy 400. This should be about 3 ½ hours with a picnic lunch stop in route. We will meet at Appalachian Outfitters in Dahlonega at 9:30 am and plan to be done at 1:30pm.
Registration is now closed
September 30 – Chattahoochee Valley Blueway Paddle
Join us for a day-paddle on the Chattahoochee River as it flows from West Point, Georgia to Riverview, Alabama. The outing will take place on Saturday, September 30th and is expected to last from 9am to 2pm (EST). Stories and old ruins abound along this nine-mile stretch of the river as you paddle past Langdale Mill, portage around spillways built a century ago and catch sight of some of the last remaining fish camps on the Chattahoochee River. Expect a moderate to strenuous paddle as there will be two portages (carrying boats across uneven terrain). There are no significant shoals or rapids, however, so beginner paddlers along with experienced are encouraged to join. CRK staff and volunteers will lead the trip and provide highlights of the local history and ecology of the river. 15 spots are available.
Youth Age Requirements: If paddling solo, paddler must be at least 15 years old. If paddling tandem, youth must be at least 8 years of age and accompanied by an adult at least 21 years.
Boating equipment is available on request (limited, first-come, first-serve basis, contact Henry Jacobs at [email protected] for more information). Otherwise, you will need to provide your own boat. These trips are intended for kayaks and canoes only – inflatable boats are not permitted.
Cancellation Policy: You may cancel your reservation for a refund minus a $10 processing fee 7 days before a trip. After 7 days, we can no longer offer a refund for cancellations.
October 21-22 –Middle Chattahoochee Paddle/Camp (21 Miles)
Paddle one of the longest stretches of the Chattahoochee still untouched by bridges and river-front development below Atlanta from McIntosh Reserve in Carroll County to the U.S. 27 Bridge in Franklin. Recommended for experienced beginners who know basic strokes and bracing skills.
- Fee is $130 per person (tandem partners must register separately)
Fee includes Fri/Sat night dinner, Sat/Sun breakfast and shuttle.
- Additional information is provided in your confirmation email and specific trip details one week prior to the trip date.
- Participants receive a one-year individual CRK membership.
- All paddle trips have a maximum capacity – we encourage you to register early to ensure participation.
- Each participant is required to sign a CRK Liability Waiver. This is authorized as a electronic signature during the registration process. Click here to preview the CRK Liability Waiver.
- Boating equipment is not provided. Click here for a list of local outfitters. These trips are intended for kayaks and canoes only – inflatable boats are not permitted.
- PFD’s are required must be worn on all CRK paddle trips. No exceptions.
- Shuttling is a group effort and typically we will meet around 9am at the put-in to unload all boats and shuttle to the take-out before we get on the river.
- Youth Age Requirements: If paddling solo, paddler must be at least 15 years old. If paddling tandem, youth must be at least 8 years of age and accompanied by an adult at least 21 years.
- Cancellation Policy: You may cancel your reservation for a refund minus a $10 processing fee 7 days before a trip. After 7 days, we can no longer offer a refund for cancellations.