CRK’s Outings Program is not just a diverse way to enjoy the great outdoors – it’s a chance to connect our community to the Chattahoochee River and provide different perspectives on its value in the everyday lives of Georgians. And at times, it’s a chance to give something back to the river by pulling something out – trash. One part paddle trail, one part hiking trail, one part camping venue, and one part threatened water source … the Chattahoochee means many things to many people.
We are excited to offer the following 2018 outings! Check back regularly as we continuously update the list:
Enjoy any or all of these ranger-led paddle trips within the Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area. These trips are in partnership with the National Park Service.
- July 14 – Buford Dam to McGinnis Ferry (9 miles)
- July 28 – Jones Bridge to Island Ford (9 miles)
- August 11 – Morgan Falls Dam to Paces Mill (8 miles)
CRK’s camp and paddle trips have become a favorite within our paddling community. Be sure to mark your calendar and enjoy two nights of camping and two days of paddling in some of the most gorgeous sections of the Chattahoochee River.
- March 24 – Resilience on the River
- March 24 – Moores Bridge to McIntosh Reserve Paddle
- September 21-23 – Headwaters Water Trail Camp and Paddle
- October 6 – Langdale Loop Paddle
- October 12-14 – Middle Chattahoochee Camp and Paddle
- November 3-4 – 2-Day Buzzard Paddle Cleanup
Join us for hikes, lake trips and whitewater rafting adventures!
- March 10 – Middle Chatt River Rendezvous
- March 31 – West Point Lake Wildlife Cruise
- April 22 – Fish with a Pro
- May 18 – Sunset Jazz Cruise
- June 2 – Hometown Concert Cruise
- July 12 – Highbeams on the Hooch Cruise
- August 7 – Bat Search by Boat Cruise
- September 22 – West Point Lake History Cruise
- October 28 – Ghosts on the Water: A Celebration of Southern Spirit Stories and Songs
- Date TBD – Headwaters of the Chattahoochee Hike
This is your opportunity to help protect one of our most precious resources by volunteering on one or more of these cleanups and helping us get the trash out!
- April 7 – Sweep the Hooch
- June 9 – Happy Hour PADDLE Cleanup
- July 29 – Clean the Race Course
- September 15 – Happy Hour Cleanup
- December 8 – Happy Hour Cleanup