The Chattahoochee River provides more than 70% of metro Atlanta’s drinking water to approximately five million people. Yet the watershed area north of Atlanta is among the nation’s smallest to serve a major metropolitan area.
This small watershed size—coupled with our growing population, altered landscape and changing climate—demands we be wise stewards of our water resources, to ensure we have enough clean water today, tomorrow and for future generations.
WHAT WE DO
We support sustainable regional water planning and supply options, and promote economical, commonsense solutions to reduce water consumption. CRK has educated thousands of stakeholders, students, businesses and policy-makers about Georgia’s water crisis.
CRK has also worked to help resolve the decades-long Tri-State Water Conflict while being a voice for the resource so many people depend on.
Since 2009, Chattahoochee Riverkeeper (CRK) has worked with The Coca-Cola Company to harvest rainwater with rain barrels. The Coca-Cola Company provides used 60-gallon syrup containers for use by homeowners. CRK workshops teach homeowners about water conservation, water-wise gardening and rain barrel installation.
It’s up to all of us to use water wisely.
– Chris Manganiello
CRK Water Policy Director
Schedule a Workshop With CRK
To request a CRK rain barrel workshop at your organization or school, download the workshop request form and email it to Erik Fyfe. At least 15 participants are required, and the cost is $35* per participant. *No charge for school groups. The fee covers your barrel & kit, installation instructions, presentation and 1-year CRK membership.
Or Host Your Own Workshop
If you are interested in organizing your own workshop and just need the barrels, let us know! We can help provide them at a discounted rate.
Rain Barrel Workshop Details
- Learn how to construct your rain barrel
- Receive a barrel and rain barrel conversion kit
- Learn about water conservation and practical residential stormwater solutions
- Receive a one-year membership to CRK
Buy a Barrel and Kit
For more information, contact Erik at firstname.lastname@example.org or (404) 352-9828.
Want Other Options for Harvesting Rainwater?
Here are some local companies that provide prefabricated rain barrels and custom rainwater capture solutions:
- The Rainbarrel Depot – therainbarreldepot.com – An assortment of rain barrel designs and accessories
- The Rainwater Pillow – rainwaterpillow.com – A unique rain harvesting system designed to be stored in any horizontal wasted space such as a crawl space
- Steve Williams – (TheRainsaver@icloud.com, 404-234-1358) – Atlanta area rainwater harvesting consultant, available to design and install custom systems for homes and businesses
Visit our Resource Library, where you’ll learn more about this critical issue and find practical tools to help you be more water-efficient at home, work, and in the garden.